Tuesday 26 August 2014

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum: Review


Now when it comes to perfumes, and the majority of things in life, I can be quite picky. My mum would always want to buy me a nice new scent for my birthday or Christmas but when she took me around Boots to test out the latest ones, I'd always come out empty handed about 5 hours later. Yep, I'm that annoying. But one day a few years ago, I was flicking through a magazine and couldn't resist giving the tester of Thierry Mugler's Alien a smell. It's an odd name but the photo of the bottle looked intriguing and I love the colour purple (you can probably tell that from my Blog's colour scheme). The smell instantly took me to nights out with friends and elaborate events or dinners. There's just something so evening-y and glamorous about it. I'm awful at describing smells but I found a description that reads it as "a rich floral woody amber containing jasmine sambac, cashmeran wood and white amber". "Inspired by an amethyst it symbolises calm and serenity. Distinctive and mysterious, yet comforting and soft, Alien by Thierry Mugler conveys passion, sensuality and the essence of absolute femininity." And I believe that this is totally accurate. I definitely recommend this scent to anyone who enjoys going out a lot or who is looking for an elegant fragrance to add a spritz of glamorous confidence. I've used up a few bottles over the past few years and I just can't stop myself from going back to it! The high end price is also well worth it. 

30ml bottle RRP. £47.50
60ml bottle RRP. £66.50


Hannah


0 comments:

Post a Comment