Wednesday 16 July 2014

June/July Favourites 2014



So I've been meaning to do a lot more product reviews on my blog for a while now and thought what better time than the present! I've managed to whittle down my favourite things of June and July (since we're already halfway through) to share with you guys. Here's what I've been lovin':

1. BARRY M GELLY HI-SHINE NAIL PAINTS / £3.99


Now I believe that you just can't beat a bit of Barry M. Their nail polishes are probably the best out there in the drugstores and their range of colours is unreal. I've particularly been loving their Gelly Hi-Shine products due to their gorgeous spring/summer colours and the fact that they are super shiny! You only need to do two coats for a full opaque look and I hardly ever need to go over the top of them due to chips or fading after long-wear. The colours I've particularly loving throughout June and July are GREENBERRY, BLUEBERRY and PAPAYA. 


2. GARNIER ULTIMATE BLENDS THE SLEEK PERFECTOR OIL / £.9.99 (£6.66 in Boots atm!)


This stuff is life changing. No joke! I've been suffering with dry hair during spring with the weather getting a lot more hot and humid and me being a dingbat and overly using my straighteners to try and contain the frizz. I was searching for ages for a product to make my hair look less dead and finally got recommended this by a friend. I don't think I could ever repay her as after a few days of using two squirts on the ends of my hair once I had towel dried it, my hair has finally bounced back to life. It's made my hair so soft and shiny and smells incredible since it's made up of coconut oil - so summery! It's also a heat defence which is even more perfect. I'd definitely recommend it if you need a shine boost to your hair.


3. DOVE STYLE & CARE HEAT PROTECT SPRAY / £4.49 (£3.06 in Boots atm!)


My go-to heat protector spray for years has been TRESemmé's Heat Defence Styling Spray (rrp. £4.99) but due to my hair breakage I wanted something that I could spray on my hair when dry as well as wet. I discovered this little beauty and it is really nice. It has the most gorgeous scent and I can use it on dry hair just before I'm about to use straighteners on it for that extra protection. It's not too heavy on the hair either which makes my hair feel really smooth rather than just wet.

4. THE BODY SHOP


I was a major Body Shop lover when I was younger but I seemed to have abandoned it over the past few years. I took a trip into the Southampton store while I was fishing around for Mother's Day presents a few months ago and my love for the store has been rekindled! I bought my mum a lovely scented Mandarin & Tangelo Reed Diffuser (rrp. £15.00) but the following week I made a trip to buy myself some little bits and came back with their PEPPERMINT COOLING FOOT LOTION (rrp. £8.00), MANGO BODY BUTTER (rrp. £13.00) and WATERMELON BORN LIPPY POT LIP BALM (rrp. £2.00). The Cooling Foot Lotion is so good for summer and keeping up with moisturising my tootsies and avoiding any dry skin. The scent is also gorge and refreshing. The Mango Body Butter has been a favourite of mine for years! It smells like heaven and is the most lovely feeling moisturiser. I always use it before I go out for a special event just to make myself feel extra groomed. And finally the my amazing smelling Watermelon Lip Balm. I used to use this when I was younger and used to go through pots and pots of it, and now I'm back on the hype! I've been loving it over the past few months, just because it's made me all nostalgic and it's the perfect summer scent and hint of colour. 


5. MAX FACTOR FACE FINITY ALL DAY FLAWLESS 3in1 FOUNDATION / £11.99


I'm quite fussy when it comes to foundations as it takes me ages to finally decide to try out a new brand/product. I have previously been using Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Foundation (rrp. 8.99) and it's never let me down but I finally decided to branch out and picked up this Max Factor one. I was drawn to it as it claimed that it was a primer, concealer and foundation all in one so I knew it was going t have a great coverage - and so it did. It's such a lovely consistency which glides onto your skin and manages to stay on for hours on end. It isn't too dewy either, which is perfect for summer as it's a lot more common to get an oily face being out in the sun. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to switch foundations as it does exactly what it says on the tin and is a great price compared to almost identical higher end products out there.


6. RIMMEL LONDON APOCALIPS LIP LACQUER in CELESTIAL / £6.49


I know I'm a little late to be hyping about these but I am loving this shade at the moment. I bought it at the end of last year but would always forget about it - how stupid was I! These Lip Lacquers are so so good. They are such a lovely consistency, incredibly moisturising and surprisingly long lasting! They come in such a wide range of shades but Celestial is definitely my favourite for a spring/summer look. Your lips look so rich in colour with the added gorgeous satin smooth shine. They're also easy to apply on the go.


7. SKORTS


So the weather's getting warmer and there's only so long that you can survive in the heat without getting your pins out. I'm very self conscious about this in the summer but when it hits 27/28 degrees over here in the UK you just can't hide behind your black Topshop jeans for the whole day. Skorts are just perfect for complimenting legs and I've really been loving wearing these in the past few months and I will be taking many with me on holiday! I feel that they're the perfect item to go from day to night as I've also been teaming them together with tops and heels for nights out on the town. One skort I've recently bought is this beautifully floral printed one from New Look (CLICK HERE TO VIEW) (rrp. £17.99) I think New Look are great for skorts as they're so reasonably priced and well made. Also check out Primark too as I managed to pick up a couple from there for £10.00 each and they were a lovely quality.

8. TOPSHOP SALE


It's that time of the year - SUMMER SALES! And one sale I never fail to get involved with is the Topshop sale. This season's sale has not let me down and the discounts were really impressive. I managed to pick up these sandal like shoes which were originally £58.00 down to £30.00 and with my added student discount they were even less. I managed to snap them up asap and am so glad I did. I can't take them off. Although they did give me blisters the first time of wearing them (but hey, what new shoes don't?) I got past that and love teaming them up with summery outfits and black accessories. They're so well made being Topshop and I would definitely recommend checking out the shoes in the Topshop sale just because they're such a good investment for their quality and yes they can be quite pricey at full price but with the sale discounts they're definitely worth it.


9. KIM KARDASHIAN HOLLYWOOD APP GAME


Now like just about everyone else on the planet, I am obsessed with the Kardashians. I think I've just about watched every episode and I may have shed a tear that time that my brother deleted a new episode off of our Sky+ Record Planner when I hadn't watched it yet, so when I saw that Kim was releasing an app game I was all over it. I'd probably say I'm borderline addicted also as I haven't managed to put my phone down for the past few weeks since it's been released and have gone from an E lister to a B lister celeb in no time at all! I'd definitely recommend it to any Kardashian lovers and also to anyone who loves the glam world of celebs. The only annoying thing is waiting for your energy to load back up again to get your tasks done! 



So that's what I've been loving throughout the months of June and July. Are there any products you've been obsessing over? Have I persuaded you to give any of mine a go? Apologies to your bank card if so!


Hannah 

5 comments:

outfitvandedag said...

Hi dear!

I really like your blog :)
Followed you, follow back?

xx
isa | http://stoerensexy.blogspot.be

Hannah Griffiths said...

Thank you :) I've just followed you back - love yours too! xx

Unknown said...

Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

would you like to follow each other?
will be happy to see you in my blog)

www.dianacloudlet.com

Hannah Griffiths said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Means a lot. I've just followed your blog and can't wait to check it out :)

LeeLee said...

Love the nail polish colors. Perfect for summer.

Post a Comment