Friday 25 July 2014

Real Techniques Base Brushes


Yes, okay, I know what you're thinking, I'm a little late on the Real Techniques bandwagon but you know what? I finally took the plunge to buy them after seeing constant raving from beauty bloggers and vloggers and am extremely annoyed with myself that I didn't get my hands on them sooner. I thought I would do a review on 4 of their base brushes especially for people who were like me and eager to try but could just never properly pick up that packaging and pop it in the basket - I'm going to crack into your conscience and become the devil on your shoulder influencing you to splurge out on these beauties muahahar.


Now, seriously, I must admit I was late to the art of having a good set of make up brushes and convinced myself for years that it was just the make up that did the magic, not the brushes… But oh how I was wrong! Ever since I've been using these base brushes I feel that my make up has been blended in immaculately better than any sponge or fingers could ever do. I've realised that yes okay good make up brushes are on the pricey side but they are the best investments to improve the quality of your make up and that you can build up your collection slowly over the months and watch it happen. (I'm currently holding on to buy the blush brush and starter kit set).



But here's to the reviewing:

1. Pointed foundation brush 



As it gives away in its name, this brush is advised to be used as a foundation brush, but I usually use this one to blend in my concealer. I think it works so much better on the little areas of my face such as my under eye and around my nose. The point makes detailing of concealer a lot easier and is nicely soft on my skin. It's definitely a brush that has stopped me from using sponges!


2. Buffing brush (foundation)



I was a bit of a plonker once I bought the buffing brush as I thought it could only really be used to add powder onto your face. As good as it does work well with powder, I soon realised it is incentively used for blending in foundation - and how it blends incredibly! This is probably my favourite brush of them all as it works magic with your foundation. It's big enough to not take too much time to blend in all of your foundation yet just the right size to precisely brush it into all areas of your face. 


3. Contour brush



This contour brush is a good'n. I've been using it for a while now and am always delighted with the results! It's a lovely size and the tip is nice and firm which helps to properly define your cheek bones with great precision. I also use this brush when using highlighter on my cheeks too and I don't see why you couldn't use it to pop a bit of blusher on either.


4. Powder brush



The powder brush is so so so so fab. It is the only brush out of the four that is sold separately and would definitely recommend it if you're looking to buy your first Real Techniques brush. Its brush tip is huge. You only need to dab it in a relatively small amount of powder and after two seconds of using it you're done! AND it's done a great job. The bristles are beautifully soft. The best powder brush I've ever used and I don't think I'll ever feel the need to invest in different one.


I hope this helped anyone who's looking into purchasing some of the Real Techniques brushes or I hope you agree with me if you already have them. Are there any more of the Real Techniques brushes I'm missing out on?

Hannah 

1 comments:

outfitvandedag said...

This is really helpful! Thank you for sharing this :)

xx
isa | http://stoerensexy.blogspot.be

Post a Comment