Saturday 9 February 2013

My Beauty "Can't Live Withouts"



'ello 'ello! So to get into the swing of things with these little blog posts, I thought I'd share with you my little beauty "can't live withouts". I don't seem to have a strict 'beauty regime' in my life and I seem to always be trying different products and brands. However, recently these products above, that I'm going to talk to you about, have stayed very close to my heart. 


I shall start with the first beauty products I set my paws on in my daily routine.
Clinique's Clarifying Lotion Clarifiante 
(mine is for 'Dry Combination' skin) and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Both are 100% fragrance free.

The Clarifying Lotion (ranging from £16.00-£25.00 depending on the size of the bottle) is an absolute dream. As I'm not the best at removing ALL of my make-up before I go to sleep (usually due to laziness) I find this product extremely beneficial for my skin. By using a splash on a cotton pad, I use it all over my face to get rid of any excess oils and muck before slapping on all of my day's make-up. I actually was advised this by a lady on a Clinique stand in Boots when I was trying out new foundations and it really has worked wonders, making my skin feel fab.


To create a smooth base on my skin before adding foundation, I always use my favourite moisturizer, Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (ranging from £17.00-£29.50 depending on the size of the bottle). Before being introduced to this, I was never really into using fancy moisturizers (I would just use Simple's Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, RRP £3.79)  as I never thought there was much point - but oh how wrong I was! This little beauty makes your skin feel so soft and is magnificent in helping your foundation to glide onto your face. I highly recommend these two products, I know they're quite pricey but I've only just finished my two bottles now in January from when I bought them in early June last year! So they're a great investment :-)





Moving on to foundation... Clinique's Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup foundation is a godsend. As my skin likes to scar a lot from spots due to me being a hormone infested teenager (lol) and I feel that this foundation is great at covering up my blemishes. I also got the foundation matched perfectly to my skin tone by the Clinique counter ladies and I highly recommend to get that perfect match as it is quite pricey from usual drugstore foundations at £21.50. 

I must say, if you're not up to spending so much on a foundation an amazing, more affordable product from Rimmel London's range is their 'Wake Me Up Foundation' (RRP £8.99) - t'is just as effective as an expensive brand's! I've only ever read hyped reviews about it and all the beauty bloggers out there are constantly raving about it. (And I absolutely agree!)




Moving onto eyes. I absolutely ADORE Collection 2000's Fast Stoke liquid eyeliner as it it's brush helps to apply it so easily and it really is long lasting. It even has an incredible RRP price at £2.99 - bargain! I wear liquid liner over my top lids every single day, so I feel that I literally could not live without this little beauty. At that price, it makes it so affordable for me to keep up the use so regularly. At first I thought as it's a cheap brand, it wouldn't be as effective as a top brand like 'MAC' but I actually much prefer Collection 2000's to any other brand's.


As you can probably tell, I love to accentuate my eyes when applying makeup and one mascara that works perfectly every time for this is Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes (RRP £6.99). Your lashes look instantly volumized after a few strokes and I've never really experienced such a full looking lash with any other mascara I've tried out. All my friends rave about it with me and I really don't think I'll be switching up my choice of mascara anytime soon!





As I said before, I can suffer with awful breakouts and have done for years (hopefully now I'm coming to the end of my teenage years they'll start to bugger off...) I feel that Clearasil Ultra's Rapid Action Deep Pore Treatment Toner (RRP £5.35) really does help to fade scars and prevent the little buggers from reproducing on my face. It is, however, a very strong formula, so I recommend you to only use a dash of it on a cotton pad as it can sometimes cause the skin to feel a slight burning sensation. I do believe it does just as it says on the tin - but if you experience sensitive skin, I'd be quite wary with this particular product and maybe explore their sensitive range as I'm sure they'd be just as effective.





Hair, hair, hair... well, I must say that TRESemmé's Heat Defence Styling Spray (RRP £4.69) is a fab investment! It smells gorgeous and makes you hair feel so soft and sleek. I've used many heat defence sprays in the past as I always blow dry my hair and don't go a day without straightening it (so bad I know!) and TRESemmé's really does seem to be the best out there. 

You know the days when you wake up, look in the mirror and can just feel you're going to have a bad hair day or that you're constantly going to be checking that your hair doesn't look greasy. Well, Batiste's Dry Shampoo (ranging from £1.49-£4.99 depending on the size of the bottle) is a LIFE SAVER. It instantly helps to bring your hair back to life and eliminates any signs of grease. There are many scents to choose from, but my personal favourite is 'Floral & Flirty Blush' as it's very light and girly.




So we arrive at my final "can't live without" beauty product ("aww boo" I hear you cry!) and this one absolutely lives up to the title of this post as I literally cannot walk out of my front door without a pot of Vaseline (RRP £1.99) on hand. My lips seem to be prone to dryness, so it's great to have a pot around to keep them moistured as I'm also not too fond of lip glosses. The aloe vera one is definitely my favourite and my mum is always lending me creams with aloe vera in to help heal burns, cuts and bruises - it's a great natural formula.

I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews of my "can't live withouts" beauty wise and I hope you take up my advice if you've been stuck on a brand to choose from! If you enjoyed this post and would like to share some of your beauty "can't live withouts" then go ahead and leave a comment below as I'm always open to trying out new products that people rave about.


Hope to see you next post!

Hannah




0 comments:

Post a Comment